Mux is building the future of online video infrastructure. Our first product is analytics and monitoring - think “NewRelic for Video." We’re solving a real need in a fast-growing industry, and customers love our product: we’re monitoring hundreds of millions of video streams for companies like PBS, Funny or Die, IGN, and Wistia, and we’re just getting started.
As a data scientist at Mux, you will work on interesting problems like:
- Understanding how streaming video quality affects user engagement
- Anomaly detection, helping our customers understand when something goes wrong
- Designing and testing algorithms to improve online video performance
- Working closely with Mux customers to connect our data with their business goals
You’ll be joining an amazing team from places like Google, Facebook, Twitch, Brightcove, and Bain. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology. We also authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We were named one of the best Y Combinator startups of 2016, and we recently raised a Series A from Accel, who joined existing investors SV Angel, Lowercase, the founders of Heroku, Parse, and others.
- 4+ years experience with data science or data analysis
- Strong statistics, math, and algorithms background
- Excellent written and spoken communication - you're not afraid to speak or blog about your work
- Experience using SQL plus a language like Python or R in your work
- Ability to understand real-world business goals, and understand how data can help solve problems
- Prior experience with video technology a plus
- Salary + equity
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee premium coverage)
- Catered lunches every day, snacks, drinks, and great coffee
- Flexible PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Long-term disability insurance
- Investment in growth and education
LOCATION: San Francisco
We're working in a beautiful office space in SoMa, with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks and snacks.
(No remote options at this time.)