Product Marketing Manager
Mux is hiring our first product marketing employee. You’ll work closely with our founders as we build our positioning and messaging and find the best marketing channels for our products.
As Product Marketing Manager at Mux, you will own and drive our early marketing efforts. You will become an expert in our products, dive deep into customer personas, and help us communicate value to these personas.
Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology. We were named one of the best Y Combinator startups of 2016 and recently raised a Series A from Accel, who joined existing investors SV Angel, Lowercase Capital, and others. You’ll market a product that customers love: in our first few months, we’ve sold large contracts to customers like PBS, Funny or Die, IGN, Livestream, and Wistia, and we’re just getting started. You’ll work with an amazing team from places like Google, Facebook, Twitch, Brightcove, and Bain.
If you want to be the first marketing leader at a growing startup in an exciting industry, we want to hear from you!
THINGS YOU'LL OWN & DO:
- Craft of product positioning based on a deep understanding of customers and competitors
- Spend time with Mux customers to understand their needs
- Work with product management to shape product direction
- Manage new product launches
- Get your hands dirty on a startup team and become an online video expert
- 3-5+ years of product marketing experience
- Strong project management skills, including managing complex projects and bringing them to completion
- A natural curiosity and willingness to learn
- Some travel for conferences and customer meetings
- Preferred (but not required): understanding of the online video, analytics/monitoring, or developer tools space
- Opportunity to build a product marketing program from scratch
- Investment in career growth and education
- Salary + equity
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Catered lunches every day, snacks, drinks, and great coffee
- Flexible PTO with minimum vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Long-term disability insurance
- Investment in growth and education
- LOCATION: San Francisco
We're working in a beautiful office space at 9th St. & Folsom in SoMa, with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks and snacks.
(No remote options at this time)